Originally scheduled for 27-29 August, one week after the revised date for Le Mans, the French round of the 2021 European Le Mans Series will now become Round 3 instead of Round 4, slotting into the schedule between Red Bull Ring (14-16 May) and Monza (9-11 July).
Le Mans Endurance Management CEO Frédéric Lequien said: “With the 24 Hours of Le Mans moving to August, we took the decision to move the 4 Hours of Le Castellet to June. This move will allow the ELMS teams competing at Le Mans an extra event in which to prepare for the big race, while maintaining the overall ELMS season schedule with a 3-4 week gap between each event.
“I would like to thank Stéphane Clair and his team at the Circuit Paul Ricard for working with us to accommodate the date change for the 4 Hours of Le Castellet.”
Revised 2021 ELMS calendar
- 12-13 April – Official Test – Barcelona -ESP
- 16-18 April – 4 Hours of Barcelona – ESP
- 14-16 May – 4 Hours of Red Bull Ring – AUT
- 4-6 June – 4 Hours of Le Castellet – FRA
- 9-11 July – 4 Hours of Monza – ITA
- 17-19 September – 4 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps – BEL
- 22-24 October – 4 Hours of Portimão – PRT