The #22 Oreca was now over a minute ahead of the field but behind him there was a titanic battle being fought for the minor podium places. Tristan Gommendy was second in the #30 Duqueine Team Oreca with the #39 Graff of Thomas Laurent and the #31 Panis Racing Oreca of Will Stevens all tightly packed together.
After a final FCY to recover some debris on the track after T1, the final few minutes saw this battle play out. Laurent took second place from Gommendy, who also lost out to Stevens, but Gommendy fought back. The three cars were nose-to-tail as they negotiated the traffic.
As they entered the final lap, the #30 regained third place at La Source with Stevens fighting back at every turn. However, the drama wasn’t over as the #30 Duqueine Team Oreca went off the track at the end of the lap with a puncture allowing the #31 Panis Racing Oreca back into third place.Gommendy managed to limp across the line to claim 4th place.

The #22 United Autosports Oreca-Gibson of Phil Hanson crossed the line 58 seconds ahead of the #39 Graff Oreca, with the #31 Panis Racing Oreca in third after four hours of action-packed racing.

Gamble headed out to build on his teammates good work. A Full Course Yellow (FCY) was declared when the #54 AF Corse Ferrari of Francesco Castellacci stopped at T15. After the car was recovered and racing resumed.

The #7 Nielsen Racing Duqueine now had the rapid Colin Noble behind the wheel, but the Scot was nearly 80 seconds behind the lead car and faced a mammoth task to close the gap just as the rain started to fall on parts of the circuit at Spa.

There was plenty of action further down the field as Noble started to eat into Gambles lead.However, during the FCY to recover the stricken #26 G-Drive Racing Aurus which had crashed out from the overall lead, Gamble headed into the pits to hand over to Wayne Boyd.With Boyd behind the wheel the gap stabilised to around 60 seconds until the end of the race.

At the chequered flag the #2 United Autosports Ligier crossed the line 55 seconds ahead of the #7 Nielsen Racing Duqueine. The final podium position was secured by reigning LMP3 champions Eurointernational, the American flagged team finishing two laps behind the leading cars and 32 seconds ahead of the #9 Graff Ligier.