As reported today in Autosport, Swiss-Japanese LMP2 team SARD-Morand is unlikely to be at the WEC season opener at Silverstone this weekend.
Although no formal announcement has been made, Autosport sources are reporting that key members of team staff have been told not to travel to the UK for the race and others who were already present advised to return home.
It is understood that a sale of the team to data encryption company Kairos Technologies is still in the due diligence phase, but it appears unlikely that this will be completed in time for the team to race at Silverstone where its trucks were not present on Wednesday evening.
Team boss Benoit Morand, who has entered into partnership with Japanese entrant SARD to mount a two-car LMP2 assault on the WEC, was not available for comment.
Morand said at the official WEC test at Paul Ricard in March that the sale “had saved everything” and that the team would be “100 percent owned by Kairos”.
He revealed earlier this week that the contractual negotiations had been taking more time than expected and that he hoped the team would be at Silverstone.
The two Team SARD Morand WEC entries are due to be driven in the WEC by Christian Klien, Koki Saga and Zoel Amberg, and Oliver Webb, Pierre Ragues and Tristan Vautier.