We recently had the pleasure of chatting with Harry Tincknell, driver of the #67 Ford GT which to all at SportsCarGlobal is referred to as the #BritPack car for its trio of British talent Marino Franchitti, Andy Priaulx and young-gun Harry. British engineering and management was critical to the Ford GT40 of fifty-years ago and strangely with George Howard-Chappell (Multimatic, ex-Prodrive Aston Martin Racing programme) at the helm it echos all those years ago John Wyer coming from Aston Martin amongst other things.
In this interview you will hear Harry discuss –
- How the Ford Opportunity came about
- Compare New Teams & Cars at Ford versus Nissan
- The Ford GTs season to-date both in WEC and the gaining its first win the IMSA US series
- Testing and Test Day
- Driving a 2010 Alonso Ferrari
- And the guiding lights that have supported and helped him along the way
Grab a coffee sit back and enjoy half-an-hour of Harry Tincknell, the Ford GT and Le Mans Preparation.