Image credit: JOTA/G-Drive.
- The #333 V8 Racing Renault RS01 FGT3 of Luc Braams, Max Braams, Nicky Pastorelli & Miguel Ramos took a surprise win at the Mugello 12H race.
- Sometime SportsCarGlobal Blogger and reigning 24H Series SP3 class champion Devon Modell will be joining Jonny Adam and Ahmad Al Harthy in the #44 Motorbase Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 for a full season Blancpain Endurance assault.
- 19 cars took to the track for the British GT Media day at Snetterton last Tuesday.
- The day’s first surprise was from McLaren who rolled out the 570s GT4 car which will be developed in conjunction with recently confirmed customer team Black Bull Ecurie Ecosse on track in British GT throughout 2016. It is expected to be on general customer release ready for the 2017 season.
- Martin Short and his Rollcentre team have joined forces with Abba Commercials and are a welcome sight back in the Paddock.
- The Great British Bake Off’s Paul Hollywood confirmed his entry in the final three rounds of the 2016 British GT Championship with a Beechdean AMR Aston Martin Vantage GT4.
- Conspicuous in their absence were the Porsche Cayman GT4s – according to DSC, the original February delivery dates have slipped to late April, after the opening round of the British Championship and just a week before Round 2.
- Jonathan Coleman has joined So24! for a full season LMP2 campaign.
Le Mans / ACO
- Sébastien Bourdais, Scott Dixon, Billy Johnson and Harry Tincknell join the driver squads in the four Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GTs at the Le Mans 24 Hours with Johnson and Tincknell joining the WEC team at Silverstone and Spa for some valuable pre-Le Mans seat time.
- FFF Racing announced it will run a Lamborghini Huracan GT3 for Andrea Caldarelli and Sean Fu Songyang, as well as a McLaren 650S GT3 for Hiroshi Hamaguchi and Adrian Quaife-Hobbs in the Le Mans GT3 Cup.
- With his Viper sidelined way down the reserve list, team owner & driver Ben Keating has brokered a deal with Murphy Prototypes for he and co-drivers Jeroen Bleekemolen and Marc Goossens to switch classes from GTE-Am to LMP2 in the ORECA 03R-Nissan for the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
- Because of his Ford GT commitments, Jake Dennis will step into the G-Drive Gibson 015S in place of Harry Tincknell for WEC Spa and 24H Le mans races.
- Porsche tweeted the clearest pics yet of their 2016 LMP1 testing at France’s Paul Ricard circuit prior to next week’s official Prologue tests.
IMSA: WeatherTech SportsCar Championship & CTSC
- Undaunted by the loss of points following Daytona, six Lamborghini Huracán GTDs entered the 64th 12 Hours of Sebring.
- IMSA announced on Thursday that BUBBA burger Joins the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship as the Official Burger – nothing like a light snack to keep you going between driving stints 😉
- Scott Maxwell recorded a lap of 2:16.834 to put his Multimatic Ford Mustang GT350R-C on pole for Friday’s CTSC Sebring 100 however a win was ultimately denied when Cameron Cassels and Trent Hindman combined to give Porsche’s new turnkey Cayman GT4 Clubsport race car its first victory in international competition.
- Olivier Pla put in an astonishing lap time (1:51.217) to take pole position for the Michael Shank Racing Ligier JS P2 Honda in the Sebring 12H however his win was ultimately denied when Pipo Derani again took the chequered flag for ESM Paetron putting the team two-for-two in this year’s championship.
- Tommy Milner took the #4 Corvette GTLM to the top step passing the BMW M6 GTLM of Lucas Luhr at the 9h mark and the Corvette then led all but one of the remaining laps.
- Jeff Segal took pole and went on to claim the GT Daytona (GTD) class victory in the Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3’s maiden race.
- SportsCarGlobal Columnist and racer Clayton Kingman announced this week that he will be driving the Lotus 59 used in the 2013 film “Rush” ‘up the hill’ at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- Timo Scheider and Mike Rockenfeller will team up for the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring competing for Land-Motorsport in an Audi R8 LMS.
- Australian James Davison scored his first Pirelli World Challenge podium of the season peddling his Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 to second place in last Sunday’s St. Petersburg race.
- Jann Mardenborough has kicked off his 2016 debut season in Japan with recent testing for both Formula 3 and Super GT.
- On Tuesday, Falken Motorsports unveiled their brand new Porsche 911 GT3R wearing the team’s iconic livery which Wolf Henzler, Peter Dumbreck, Martin Ragginger and Alexandre Imperatori will peddle in the VLN Championship as well as the 24h Nürburgring Race.
- The 2017 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour dates have been announced as February 3–5th 2017.